ADMISSION REGULATIONS FOR MA IN PAKISTAN STUDIES
1. The Regulations shall be called MA Admission Regulations (1981) and onwards.
2. They shall come into force at once.
3. In these regulation unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context:
a. Regulation mean regulations governing MA Admission.
b. Centre means the Pakistan Study Centre.
c. Director means, Director Pakistan Study Centre.
d. Board means, the Board of Governors of the Centre.
e. Candidate means, the candidates applying for MA admission.
f. Student means, students enrolled in Centre.
g. Course means, the course prescribed for MA degree.
h. Faculty means, Faculty of the Centre.
i. Prescribed means, prescribed by the statutes, regulations or rules of the University of Peshawar or the Centre.
4. Other terms and references shall have the same meaning as given to them in the University of Peshawar Act. 1974 or Act XXVII (1976) Pakistan Study Centre.
5. The number of admission shall be decided each year by the Board of Governors and admission made in accordance with the policy laid down for this purpose.
6. The admission shall be made on merit basis of academic merit, test/interview etc. through wide publicity in the Press.
7. The date shall be fixed by the Director for submission of applications and interview etc. and admission made in accordance with the facilities available in the Centre, through an admission committee to be formed out of senior faculty members of the Centre.
8. The candidate late in submission of applications or failing to appear for interviews before the admission committee shall not claim the right of admission.
9. The student will abide by the statutes, rules and regulations in operation of the University of Peshawar on the Campus of the University. They shall for all practical purposes be governed by the directions issued by the Director.
10. The students shall pay the prescribed tuition and other fees to the Centre or the University as the case may be in time and are subject to fine and other penalties arising out of delay for non-payment of such dues.
11. The students shall be required to pay the Tuition Fee for 12 months in a year along with other fees and charges prescribed by the Centre or the University.
12. The criterion for admission shall be determined by the admission committee in accordance with the policy laid down for this purpose and its decision in the matter shall be final.
13. The students admitted in the course shall be required to furnish migration certificate in case they have passed their entrance examinations from Universities other than Peshawar.
Note: M.Phil/Ph.D admissions will be completed with minor adjustments in the above regulations in the light of University Rules in vogue.